Appendix 16: Intune- Generate Client Credentials
In this Appendix we will see how to generate Client Credentials and provide necessary permissions.
- Login to https://portal.azure.com with email address and password (else register for a new account).
- Click on Azure Active Directory from a column on the left side as below.
- Search for Properties
- The Tenant ID required in the plugin is the ID mentioned under Directory ID. In case the ID is not available you may get Tenant ID as mentioned in step 8 below.
- To get the Client ID, click on App registrations under Azure Active Directory.
- Create a new App by clicking on New Registration.
- Enter the application name select account types and click on Register.
- After clicking on Register, under Overview of the newly generated Application you can find the Application (client) ID/ Client ID. Also, you can find Directory (tenant) ID/Tenant ID below Client ID.
- To generate client secret, click on the Certificates & Secrets and then click on + New
- Now enter the Description, Expiry, and click on Add.
- Copy the value of the client secret as it will be not visible the second time.
- Click on API Permission and then click on Add Permission.
- Click on Microsoft Graph, and then click on Application permissions.
- Select Application permission.
- Search and select the required permission. Click on Add Permission.
- This will redirect back to API Permission. In the Grant Consent section click on "Grant admin consent for….".
- It will prompt for confirmation, click on Yes.
- Similarly, we can assign the permissions required by Intune Plugins mentioned below,