Enable all Workflows
System Administrator can Enable all Workflows of all the tenants in one go with this menu option. It may be required to enable Inactive workflow for reasons such as
- Framework Version Change
For instance, if user is upgrading their AE Instance from older version to a newer version where there is framework version change, then Server automatically disables all the active workflows as a part of migration/upgrade. System sets inactive reason as “Framework Version Change” for all the workflows being disabled. Once the upgrade is successful and plugins of the new framework version are uploaded, user can use this feature to enable all the workflows in one shot.
Tenant Administrators and Workflow Administrators will get the email notification with the result of this operation.
- Plugin Update
Workflows may be disabled for Plugin update. Choosing this option enables all workflows that were disabled for Plugin update.
The following are the steps to Enable all Workflows.
- Navigate to Workflows->Workflow Operations menu.
Figure 7aq: Workflow Operations
- Select an operation from the drop down list as seen below.
Figure 7ar: Workflow Operations list
- Select a reason for the operation i.e. enable all workflows.
Figure 7as: Workflow Operation Reason List
- Check the relevant reasons.
Figure 7at: Select Workflow Operation Reason
- Click Enable. Upon enable the list of workflows on which enable operation was done is displayed.
Figure 7au: Workflow List after Enable Operation
- This completes the workflow operation to enable all workflows.
Disable all workflows
System Administrators can disable all workflows of all the tenants in one go with this menu option. This feature is mainly needed in a case where user wants to update plugins which are being used in various active workflows. In such a case, system does not allow to update plugins unless workflows are disabled.
While disabling all workflows, user needs to provide a value for “Inactive Reason” such as,
- Plugin Update
Once the plugins update is done, user can use “Enable all workflows” feature discussed above to enable these workflows again.
Tenant Administrators and Workflow Administrators get email notification as the result of this operation.
The following are the steps to Disable all workflows.
- Select Disable all workflows operation.
Figure 7av: Operation Reason
- Select the reason to disable.
Figure 7aw: Select Reason
- Click Disable. Upon disable the list of workflows on which disable operation was done is displayed.
Figure 7ax: Workflow List after Disable Operation
- This completes the workflow operation to disable all workflows.