AutomationEdge is a multitenant system, which can host automation service for multiple tenants (customers) on one server. Users, workflows, and other objects created for one tenant are not visible to another tenant. If AutomationEdge is hosted at customer’s premise only one tenant will be created.
Tenants: Add New
To add a new tenant:
- Click Tenants menu.
- Click Add New button on top right corner.
Figure 5a: Adding New Tenant
- A Tenant Details & License Details window appears as below.
Figure 5b: Tenant Details Screen
- Enter field values. A description of field values is provided in the table below.
Table 3: “+Add New Tenant”: Tenant Details Field/Button Descriptions
Specify tenant name. This field is Mandatory.
Provide a description of the Tenant.
Specify unique organization code to a tenant. This field is Mandatory
Click to create new tenant.
Click to cancel tenant creation.
- Click Create.
Figure 5c: Enter Tenant Details
- Tenant created successfully message is displayed.
Figure 5d: Tenant Creation success message
- This completes the process of adding a new Tenant.
To search the tenants:
- Click Tenants. A table of all Tenant Users is visible.
- Filter the list of Tenant Users by searching for the specific tenants by entering a search string value in the Search Tenants text box.
Figure 5e: Searching Tenants
Table 4: Tenant List Column Description
Displays tenant username.
Displays tenant user username.
Displays a description of the Tenant.
Displays user creation date.
Displays the license status. If the license status is Valid click on valid to see the license details.
Click Edit to edit Tenant Description
Tenants: Advanced Search
The following are steps for Advanced on Tenants.
- Click Advanced Search. Use advanced search options to find a specific Tenant.
Figure 5f: Searching Tenants
- Enable checkbox next to one or more advanced search criteria and select a value from the drop down list. Click Search.
Figure 5g: Advanced Search for Tenants
- Select a comparator from the drop down list.
Figure 5h: Select Comparator for name
- Provide a value for comparison. Click Add filter.
Figure 5i: Value for comparison
- The filter criteria (Name=Tenant1) is added as seen below. And the list of Tenants is filtered.
Figure 5j: Filter created
- You may add more filter criteria that will keep adding to the list. You may also Clear Filters by clicking on the Clear Filters link seen in red above.
Advanced search option Comparators for Tenants are explained below. They are available for Name, Org Code and Created. The drop down values for these search options are explained below.
Table 5: Advanced Search Options by Name
Advanced Search by name(Name, Org Code):
To search entries matching to the entered text.
To search entries not matching to the entered text.
To search tenant name containing the entered text.
To search tenant name that begins with the entered text.
To search tenant name that ends with the entered text.
Table 6: Advanced Search Options by Date
Advanced Search by date(for Created)
To search entries by the exact entered date.
To search entries before the entered date.
To search entries after the entered date.
To search entries in between the entered dates.
To search entries not in between the entered dates.
Tenants other than the out of the box Tenant ‘System Admin Tenant’ (org code SYSADMIN) can be edited. Only Description can be edited,
- Click edit icon () next to the Tenant you wish to edit.
Figure 5k: Tenant View
- Edit Description as desired. Click Update.
Figure 5l: Tenant Details
- Tenant updated successfully message displays as seen below.
Figure 5m: Tenant updated success message
There is no option to delete a Tenant.